Monday, July 6, 2009

Work Update

An update about what I've been doing lately:
For starters, I've passed all exams so I've got 3 months time to work on Artoo.
Next, yesterday, I've made a coin return from plaster which I will cast in resin tomorrow.
Here's a picture of how it looks, I think it's great. There are a few things needing some adjustments but I can't reach them with sanding paper so I'll adjust it on the resin part.

That was all I could do as I hadn't got anything lying around to continue on the legs or shoulders. So I went shopping this morning and got me some bolts to attach the legs to the body, some filler (should have bought 2 or maybe even 3 tubes) and something to attach the shoulders to the body in such a manner that I can take them off easily.
I started by glueing all parts together. Here's a picture of the legs.

And then I started putting some filler on them, I've got to finish it up but I want it to harden properly before adding more.

The wire will later on be used to power the motors in the feet. But that's something I'll be working on around New Year or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment